Difference between HTTPS proxy and SOCKS5 proxy
Keep your record and action anonymous online is very essential now. As the technology is going to be advance, hackers and malicious actions have also been observed commonly. To prevent data from leakage and harm, proxies play a very important role.
You have to listen about data extracting and data breaching, which means that the data of the company is being tracked by some unknown. There are a variety of proxies available that protects you from this kind of action. The most suitable proxy is private proxies.
The two most common and reliable proxies keep you hidden. These are named HTTPS proxy and SOCKS5 proxy. First of all, here, we discuss that what are proxies and how they keep you unidentified.
What are proxies?
Proxies are mechanized tools that act as the middle way between the user and a network provider. Proxies keep you anonymous by hiding your IP address. The performance, speed, and activity of proxy depend upon the choice of a proxy. The proxies are of different categories like private, dedicated, shared, and public proxies.
Every computer has its own identity in the form of a digital address known as an IP address. When you surf on any website your IP address is being kept in record. If any malicious software is present on that website, then it can get access to your device through your IP address. Here proxies play a crucial role and hide your IP address with a substituted IP address. Now every request you sent to any website is gone through the IP provided by a proxy.
HTTPS stands for hypertext transfer protocols. So we can say that HTTPS Proxy gives security to your web server and analyzes traffic access on your network.
During analyzing traffic and securing your network it caches data that comes from the internet. These are very reliable and provide you high level of protection. These proxies provide you end-to-end security during communication.
- One of the major points includes in the pros of this type of proxy is that it provides you high security to users. Information remains private because only your browser knows about decrypted data.
- It provides you a huge number of IP addresses due to which the original IP of your device remains hidden.
- Every request you make, first, goes through an HTTPS proxy. The result comes through proxy after filtering websites.
- For using this proxy you need a server certificate and it is not easy to get a certificate.
- These proxies cannot cache any data during browsing.
- The requests made through this proxy should go through HTTP. It is not easy even impossible in some scenarios.
SOCKS5 is an abbreviation of socket5. It is a network protocol. This protocol develops communication with the server through the firewall. On client’s demand, they route traffic. It can manage any kind of traffic generated by protocols and requests made by clients.
SOCKS5 proxy is the latest edition of a proxy having advantageous over many other proxy servers. It utilizes rotatory IP addresses to establish connections with TCP and UDP.
Moreover, it has an updated security system and offers security in three ways. It doesn’t require any authentication. By providing login information you can connect to the proxy.
- It helps to bypass restricted websites easily. Due to geo-restriction if you don’t get access to any website your IP address is routed and changed through this proxy and you can get quick access to that particular site.
- It is an updated and newly established proxy. Therefore it is faster and provides more reliable connections as compared to previous proxies.
- Like other proxies, it does not write data again in this way chance of errors get reduce. Performance and speed of proxy get improved.
- Due to the transmission of small packet data, it has a faster speed. It provides high downloading speed therefore many users consider it more reliable.
- Socks5 has five layers. Therefore it can manage many requests like FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, etc. it has multiple processes for authentication.
- When using SOCKS5, it means you give access to a third party to your personal information. Here is a huge danger for you in form of hacking. There are very high chances of attackers while using this proxy for your data such as bank accounts.
- You don’t know the third part is trustworthy or not. Maybe the proxy service provided to you contains any virus that can harm you.
- When you use socks5 it means you are giving a hostname to a third party. They can steal your data very easily. The proxy providers have an only concern with money. They can sell your IP to any other person.
- The reliability and performance of a proxy mostly depend upon the proxy provider. Your tasks become easy with proxies but maybe in the back someone is using your IP for the wrong purpose.
SOCKS5 VS HTTPS:
We have highlighted SOCKS5 Proxy and HTTPS proxy separately with their pros and cons. Now we will tell you the difference between the SOCKS5 proxy and HTTPS proxy. SOCKS5 can is not traffic specific like HTTP. It can work with every kind of traffic while HTTPS only works with HTTP or HTTPS protocols. Socks5 is more reliable and secure as compared to HTTPS.
HTTPS can read and scrape data while on the other hand socks5 cannot do this. Socks5 is fast but the speed provided by HTTPS is slow.
Mainly you cannot say that one is better and the other is not. It all depends upon your use and requirement.
Proxies are a need of time. There are different types of proxies present nowadays for performing different tasks. In these proxies, two very well-known proxies are included known as HTTPS proxy and SOCKS5 proxy. We have observed both proxies we cannot say which one is the best because it depends upon the usage of both proxies.
Just keep in mind that whenever and whatever proxy you want to use buy it from the trustworthy proxy provider. Otherwise, proxies can give you benefit but they can also harm you if a third party is not authentic.